Wednesday 4 November 2015

Retopology.

So I've have been given the responsibility of remodeling our main character and I've been given a week to complete this task. If I don't Complete this task by Next week Wednesday then The project will dysfunction and I will be fired from the team. I've let down the team twice due to a lack of problem solving and testing on my meshes. Main issue with the original mesh is that when subdiv preview is turned on it crashes maya and 8 out of 12 blendshapes that I sculpted didn't work. I didn't test the blendshapes before sending it to the team to work with and so I've cost time and damage to the team. I was able to achieve form and topology but the damage I caused was more technical issues. Even though it had for and topology I had to make sure the rest of the team were able to access an uncorrupt file and I have to make sure I test it myself prior to sending it over to the team.

Now that I've been given a week to model the character all over I've decided to spend the rest of my day doing some R&D figuring out the best methodology. I hope that my file won't be corrupt this time and I need to make sure everything is working. I also need to receive the green lights from the technical director, Producer and Director.

First I'm going to model a base shape with proper topology for the joints. Then I'm going to use a texture deformer for get some cloth tapering effect. I also want to use hard edges in specific areas to make the tapering effect stronger. I'm going low poly this time seeing I'm also afraid of using subD preview this time.



First do the base shape and then subdivide once for tapering.

My plan is not to work with so many polys for the base. I should be seaking a good silhouette to work with and then I can later add in more polys in specific areas to define cloth pieces.

Mishu, M.R(2015, May 24, 2008)Street Cop Workflow[Weblog]Retrieved 4 November 2015, from https://area.autodesk.com/tutorials/street_cop_workflow_by_mashru_mishu?o=print



No comments:

Post a Comment