Wednesday 18 November 2015

Monster Texturing

Its the 1st time I've ever been given the responsibility of texturing. I'm not so good for texturing in photoshop so I used mudbox instead. Using my bump map for a mask I was able to easily make the holes on his back a colour to the skin.

I mixed around a broad range of colours for this. Drak green and pruple were used very subtly. Red and dark red browns were used for blood areas and sores and the primary was a skin colour. I burned and dodged areas of the skin to make sure the base skin colour wasn't so based and made sure there were some darker and brighter areas of the skin.




I worked allot on the back and didn't put much effort into the face. It was only till last night I found out the back was going to have 4 seconds of screen time. There is also going to be quite a bit of screen time for the face and I don't know if there is enough detail on there. I may be adding too much detail if I continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment