Tuesday 10 November 2015

Base shape to detailed shape.

Nearly done.

To do list:
-Finalize hands
-Add shoelace to boots
-probably tweak boots
-Attatch shirt to pants
-Unwrap character
-Mimic previous head shape

Here is the base shape of my new mesh. Topology is similar to the previous version.


While detailing I made sure there weren't too many poles or too many edges going into a single poly, I also made sure the edge flow good for animation and rigging. I decided to use similar techniques to get the cloth tapering effect but bring it more boldly. For reference I sometimes observed my own shirt and trousers and see how they would taper. Some areas of tapering took around 20 minutes so I had to look up some references online just cause I couldn't sit still for that long.


 Here I'm making sure the hand shares the same pose as the previous attempt. Topology was really bad for the hand. When subdivided the edge loop went across the whole body but I don't believe this will be and issue for rigging.

2 selected edge loops pulled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment