Wednesday 25 November 2015

Flower Texturing

Iris

Texturing is like my secondary strength. Have unwrapped allot of these assets myself I was able to easily start texturing in mudbox. I chose Mudbox for texturing because the UVs were not symmetrical and I was able to see what the textures looked like in 3D.

Texturing the flower was very tedious but straight forward for me. With the UVs layed out I used 3 colours referncing the iris flower.

Here are a couple of different flower petals I textured

 I had to paint ever Petal individually. If I combined the mesh then the Uvs would have overlayed.
I simply used a bright violet for the base and a darker violet for the detailing. The yellow was another part of the flower.



Here are some Stencils I created to mimick the iris flower pattern on the flower petals. I ended up not usiing them because the texture became too photoreal and I ended up using brush strokes instead.



Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment