Sunday 22 November 2015

Dynamesh!

Dynamesh!

I figured out a good workflow for creating organic 3D assets. When creating organic shapes assets (specially non-symmetrical ones) I've always struggled with the process of maininting good form with topology. I knew that the only way to have a good form was only by having good topology but now using the dynamesh function in zbrush frees me from having to always think about topology to nail good form. In zbrush I am able to first focus on the organic shapes form (silhouette) and then do retopo.

The dynamesh function makes the whole mesh uniform in poly density enabling me to sculpt in specific areas.

 Before Dynamesh
After Dynamesh
Notice how there are more polys for me to work with on the tail and its density is uniform with the rest of the mesh.

Its topology will be projected in an x and y axis from all sides of the mesh.

Edge flow aims to go for a straight X and Y

Projected from all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment