Monday 5 October 2015

Vlog 1_topology study


There was one major thing I learnt when modelling this character and that is making sure to have proper topology and make sure the topology is contour to her anatomy so I can have better definition. Currently I've given this character round about 25 hours and I'm a bit behind. Director would like her clothes done by Wednesday and I'm not 100% sure I'll make it by then. I'll see what I can do. Challenge for me this tri-mester is to balance my time out working between 2 projects.

Here are a couple of images which show topology following the characters anatomy. In the future if I'm to model a character then I'd like to make sure I'm following the anatomy with edge extrusion.


I specificly like this image. Notice the highlighted muscles and how the topology flows around those muscles. I believe this will not only help me to define the muscles when modelling but also greatly assist the technical directors and animators when deforming the mesh.





No comments:

Post a Comment